Sunday, June 26, 2011

My First Hot Shower

Day 123:

Today I had my first hot shower in Honduras. Turns out there is at least one working electroducha in this country, and it's in Siguatepeque. The water was really hot, not just warm, and it felt good. But honestly, I must be losing my mind; it's not really all it's cracked up to be. I'm not sure if I would pay money for a hot shower. No, take that back. I'm not sure I would pay very much money for one. But ask me again when the offer's on the table and we'll see. Time to start a new streak of cold showers.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you finally got a hot shower! Siguatepeque is where my professor's husband is from! Small world...

    We love you, and are so, so proud of the person you are. We are blessed to be your parents.

    Hugs,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically, I tried to take a cold shower this morning (which might have been a hot shower for you). I happenned to go swimming at Uncle Matt and Aunt Laura's house and thought my skin was tougher than it is.

    Needless to say, my shoulders ar pretty redish-pink and falling asleep takes a little grit now. I guess that's the cost of growing up farther north... and not thinking.

    ReplyDelete